Sunday, July 20, 2008

Don't Give Up, Perfection Lies Within!

This image of a kitten lifting weights, not only is it the cutest picture, but the caption
"Don't give up...perfection lies within" made me think, mmm!
One of the definitions of perfection in the dictionary is "the act or fact of perfecting". I think most of us are continously striving to become better. Within us is the need to become better individuals. We all have an idea of what perfection means to us. We may admire someone we perceive to have a "perfect" or ideal body. This is often different for everyone. To be perfect is within all of us and allows to be improve and better ourselves. Some believe that perfection does not exist. Maybe this is a way of allowing us to continuously strive to improve and better ourselves.
Because "your perfection lies within your imperfection".
As I prepare for my next competition, I have to continue to train hard and eat clean so that I can be the best I can be. I have to stop comparing myself to others and instead focus! Focus on each rep when I lift, focus on eating the right foods and focus on practicing my poses. If I focus on other competitors and compare myself to them, then I will start doubting that I can look as good and be as good. Now every time I lift I am going to picture the image of the kitten and the caption "Don't give up...Perfection Lies Within".

5 comments:

apester4u said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April said...

This post makes so much sense. I look at Monica Brant as perfection. I'm sure she probably looks at someone else that way. I need to just be the best ME I can be and forget about being "perfect".

There is no need for a pity party when others can eat rice cakes, PB or bacon ;) I CAN'T and need to just live with that fact.

Bernee said...

That's funny you mention Monica Brant. I was going to mention her in my post but I figured I shouldn't because I think a lot of people have their idea of the perfect body.

Mia said...

hi sista! good stuff! april is so right and i loved this post. we are all striving but the most important thing that tony has taught me is that i need to be the best Mia that i can be. no one else. love this :) you're the best!

Lori said...

Good post. I have Monica Brant on my board...along with alot of others. I have myself there too. I will only get better.