Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ad for Gastric ByPass Surgery

I recently viewed a television advertisement for gastric bypass surgery! I don't have anything against gastric bypass surgery. Actually, I am lying, I generally don't like any type of surgery unless it's absolutely necessary! I think that gastric bypass may sometimes be necessary. But do we really have to advertise gastric bypass surgery on TV? I would think that someone would know or their doctor would know if they needed the surgery and no advertising would be necessary! I really don't like any type of drug promotions on television. I would think that if my doctor diagnosed me with let's say "acid reflux", then they would recommend medication and if there were several then I can make a choice. I would think that I would not have to go to my doctor and tell them that I want the "purple fill" or gastric bypass because I saw the ad on TV.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Bernee. These commercials and ads are getting way out of hand!

Lori said...

There is a guy I work with who comes in every single morning with McDonald's breakfast and two bottles of Mountain Dew. he's diabetic too. He mentioned the other day that he and his wife are going to do the gastric bypas surgery. OMG, I just wanted to ask if he had tried dieting. He says he doesn't want to eat food like I do. Whatever.