Thursday, August 21, 2008

Always have a Plan "B"!

My competition is only 22 days away and Tony has asked me to do more cardio. Not a big surprise, but he recommended that I do it in the morning! You know what is worst than doing more cardio? Doing more cardio in the morning. My first thought when Tony and I spoke was, I know if is going to be difficult, but I will try. I am going to have to go to bed earlier so that I can wake up earlier. I also asked about other options, like doing cardio at lunch time. Luckily, Tony was okay with that, as long as I had enough time between my weightlifting.

So it's been 4 days since I've started implementing extra cardio. I know I have never been a morning person, I don't function early. I've always known this but what I've discovered this week is the following:
I cannot fall asleep earlier even when I go to bed earlier, I've tried many, many times before now, and I just cannot seem to fall asleep early. I once tried an Ambien sleeping pill that knocks my husband out and it didn't do anything to me? I also found out that I need at least 30 minutes after waking up to actually wakeup. When I wakeup in the morning, I am so out of it that I do things that I don't remember doing. It's like I am sleep walking. Needless to say, the cardio in the morning is not working out. So far I've been able to get up and do cardio 1 morning so far.

I knew I had to have a Plan B. My plan B is to workout doing my lunch hour instead. I am still working on going to bed earlier so that I can wake up earlier in order to have enough time do cardio in the morning, but until then, I am going to have to go with Plan B. I have to be at my best for my competition and if Plan A fails, always have a Plan B!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post!! Everyone should set themselves up to win with a Plan B. A person's ability to adapt and change is something many of us should use more in our daily lives.