Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday

Thirty days until my competition, everyday I am closer to the big day. I am slowly getting leaner. I have a friend who competes and when asked what motivates her to eat clean and not cheat, her response was “not wanting to have a fat butt on stage”. Now that’s motivation! I am going to post more frequently but I am so busy, my workouts are longer since I’ve been doing more cardio.

Today my motivator was my husband. He saw that I was procrastinating so he came to the gym with me and spotted me for my squats. I was able to squat 145lbs for six reps which was nice. It's really nice to have his support and even if we don't workout together whenever he is at the gym at the same time with me it is nice to know that he is there with me.


Tomorrow I am going to send my check to OCB for my competition fees. I am going to compete in novice and over 35. Sending my check will be another motivator because once I send my check, there is no turning back. I must train harder and eat clean for the next 30 days so that I look great on stage. I am also looking forward to eating pizza after my competition. I've already decided that I want pizza. I have not eaten pizza since last year. Wow!

2 comments:

Tearose said...

Great post Bernee! We have to keep reminding ourselves that we ARE closer then we were yesterday. Thanks for reminding me today, because I forgot :)

Mia said...

awesome post sista!!! you are always an inspiration. hope all is well. haven't chatted in a while. thinking bout you and i know you will kick major bootay in the show. you and big T...how can you NOT do well? :)